1. Discuss three scientific concepts connected to the asteroid’s motion. (Please do not include Kepler’s Law in response.)
2. If the asteriod is moving at a constant speed in its orbit, does this also mean it is moving at a constant velocity? Explain your answer. Is the asteriod accelerating?
3. What force acts to hold the asteriod in orbit around the Sun? What direction does this force act?
4. This asteriod’s motion is affected by many different massive objects: the Sun, Mars, Jupiter, and other asteriods. Which of these objects has the most influence in the asteriod’s orbit? Explain your answer.
5. Assume this asteriod has the shape of a sphere. A rock sitting on the surface of the asteriod has a weight of 100 Newtons. What would the weight of this rock be if it were moved to a distance above the surface equal to the radius of the asteriod? How is the mass of the rock affected by its change in position?
6. At some point in its orbit, our asteriod is moving with a speed of 20 kilometers per second. Determine the kinetic energy of the asteroid assuming it has a mass of 1000 kilograms. Be sure your answer is in the correct units of energy (1 kilometer = 1000 meters; 1 Joule = kg-m²/sec².
7. If the distance from the Sun varied during our asteriod’s orbit, would its kinetic energy change? Explain your answer. Would its potential energy change? Explain your answer. Would the total energy (the sum of kinetic and potential energies) of the asteriod change? Explain your answer.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more