Answer all 5. Each question is worth 20 points.
1. You need to do a weekend “project” to de-clutter your closet over the Thanksgiving. Use 5S tools to plan your “lean” activities.
2. Quality is in the eye of beholder. Explain. Further, discuss how “doing right at first time” is related to the 4 costs of quality.
3. Sugarland Hospital is trying to improve the image by providing a positive experience for its patients. Part of the “image” program involves providing tasty, inviting patient meals that are also healthy. A questionnaire accompanies each meal served, asking whether he or she is satisfied or not with the meals. A 100-patient sample of the survey results over the past 7 days yielded the following table:
Day No. of Unsatisfied Patients Sample Size 1 24 100 2 22 100 3 8 100 4 15 100 5 10 100 6 26 100 7 17 100
Construct a p-chart with z = 3. Comment on your results.
4. A part that connects two levels should have a distance between the two holes of 4″. It has been determined that x-bar and R-charts should be set up to determine if the process is in statistical control. The following ten samples of size four were collected. Calculate the control limits (CL, UCL, and LCL) for x-bar and R-charts.
Mean Range Sample 1 4.01 0.04 Sample 2 3.98 0.06 Sample 3 4.00 0.02 Sample 4 3.99 0.05 Sample 5 4.03 0.06 Sample 6 3.97 0.02 Sample 7 4.02 0.02 Sample 8 3.99 0.04 Sample 9 3.98 0.05 Sample 10 4.01 0.06
5. Weekly sales of copy paper at Cubicle Suppliers are in the table below. Compute a three- period moving average for weeks 4, 5, 6, and 7 and a four-period moving average for weeks 5, 6, and 7. Which model is more accurate?
Week Sales (cases) 1 17 2 21 3 27 4 31 5 19 6 17 7 21
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more