‘Create a resource for your work in Public Health by creating a PowerPoint presentation on one of the following options; whilst utilising all of the digital creativity you can gather. It is important to remember that assessment will be based on the appropriateness of your content and the clarity of your discussion.’
Some points of clarification
· You will not be presenting your assignment ‘Live’ rather you will post your assignment on FLO as per usual, only this time it is a PowerPoint presentation rather than a paper.
· You must use either a ‘voice over’ or the presenter notes option for each slide.
· 20 slides.
· Min 30 mins maximum 50 minutes for your 20 slides.
· It is not a poster presentation.
· Demonstrate your understanding of the topic with a clearly delivered and well researched articulation of the significance of the social determinants of Indigenous health integrated throughout your presentation.
· Please put your reference list at the end of your presentation i.e. slide 21
· “Be sure to insert your voice into the presentation-your own thoughts, reflections, critical analysis” an academic assignment that is asking for ‘your voice’ must be supported with reference to the literature as per usual.
· Demonstrate your engagement with the resources for this topic i.e. e-readings, url’s, grey literature, texts, articles, lectures, tutorials, websites.
Your presentation will be assessed against the following criteria:
· Provide a lucid introduction that describes how you approach the question and how it is structured
· Define clear aims or hypotheses
· Develop a coherent argument based on evidence from relevant sources
· Clearly answer all parts of the question
· Show evidence of reading beyond the core and recommended reading
· Provide a conclusion that summarises how you approached the question and what you have concluded
· Justify any conclusions reached with well-formed arguments not merely assertion.
· Comply with normal academic standards of legibility, referencing and bibliographical details, as specified in the Public Health Survival Kit.
· Present clearly with accurate spelling, grammar and sentence and paragraph construction, as specified in the Public Health Survival Kit.
Articulate a model of cross-cultural interaction between professional and client that go beyond cultural awareness/sensitivity (such as Tervalon & Murray-Garcia 1998, NZ Psychologists Registration Board 2006, or Gabb and McDermott 2008) demonstrate how this model be employed within the range of contexts in which Indigenous public health work plays out.
In your presentation critically address key features of such models and briefly weigh their promise against their suitability under the circumstances in which public health initiatives take place.
Create a presentation in which you show how ‘Indigenised’ praxis within public health might be implemented. In particular, note:
• Systemic opportunities for, and barriers to, such a process.
• How a health professional – and their service – can engage more effectively with, both, individual Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and Indigenous organisations/communities to promote improved health and well-being
The annual AMA ‘Report Card’ (Australian Medical Association Report Card Series 2007, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health, Institutionalised Inequity: Not just a matter of money, AMA, 2007, p.3), talks of ‘Primordial Prevention’ as a strategy to engage with the social determinants of Indigenous health. In your presentation articulate how to create a health service that applies a ‘Primordial Prevention’ strategy. In your presentation you must address Racism and Incarceration as social determinants of Indigenous health and how your health service will address them.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more