New Testament Survey Study Guides: Module/Week 3
Derived from the class text book, The Essence of the New Testament: A Survey (2012),
and the New Testament documents.
John: Believe and Live
1. The author of the Gospel according to John refers to himself as “_______ ____” (97–98).
2. John wrote his Gospel to ________________ about AD __ (98).
3. The key word in John is “________” (Gk. pisteuō) (97).
4. Know the key verse in John: “Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of His disciples that are not written in this book. But these are written so that you may believe Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and by believing you may have life in His name” (20:30–31).
5. The Gospel according to John is an ________ ________ of Jesus’ life and teaching (97).
6. John clarifies that the Word (Logos) is ________ ________ (99).
7. Jesus normally uses the title “__________” when referring to himself (100).
8. The final and most climatic sign of the Festival Cycle is __________ ____________ (John 11).
9. What are the two major sections of John’s Gospel (99–109)?
10. The Book of Signs concludes with __________________ inquiring about Jesus (12:20; ENT, 105).
ACTS: Taking the Message to the World
1. The Acts of the Apostles is the sequel of the Gospel according to ______ (111).
2. ____________ is the recipient of Acts (111–112).
3. Luke wrote Acts around AD ______ (112).
4. The key word in Acts is “________” (Gk. martus, 111).
5. Know the key verse of Acts: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come on you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8).
6. Luke recounts the _______________________________ in order to reveal God’s plan to take the gospel message from a Jewish setting to the heart of the Gentile world, Rome (114; cf. Acts 28:16–31).
7. The term ekklēsia (church) literally means “______________” (115).
8. The ___________________________ upon the disciples who were gathered in the upper room in Jerusalem marked the beginning of the New Testament church (115–116; cf. Acts 2:1–4).
9. Luke shows how the ______________________________ and subsequent persecution of believers precipitated a scattering of believers into Judea and Samaria (118; cf. Acts 6:8–8:3).
10. ___________________ (Paul, the apostle) was converted to Christ and became a zealous missionary for Christ (120–131).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more