Case Study: A patient has just left the office after having an outpatient surgery procedure. As you getready to put away the patient’s file, you realize that the patient has forgotten to take his prescriptions and after-care instruction sheets home with him. It is vital for proper healing and recovery for the patient to have these documents. You know you will have to contact this patient so you look inside for his contact information and signed HIPAA Release of Information form.
• Under HIPAA, are you legally allowed to view this patient’s medical information? Why or why
• In this case, how would you be able to correct your error and provide the missing documents
and instructions to the patient while still protecting patient confidentiality under HIPAA?
• List 3 ways patient confidentiality is maintained in the reception/waiting area of a medical
• A breach of confidentiality can result in what consequences for a health care professional?
• Identify and explain two exceptions to confidentiality in healthcare settings.
Each question needs to be one short paragraph.
Please use 2 references and make this in APA format.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more