Follow these specific directions:
Assigned case study name: Beating the System
a) Read the “Beating the System” article.
b) Develop a two pages discussion addressing the following questions.
(1) What are the ethical issues in the dilemma?
(2) Consider how an organization could facilitate resolution if nurses utilized these workarounds to maintain efficiency. What are the sides of this argument? Whose side would you be on if you were facilitating resolution? Why?
(3) What are the possible courses of action the organization could consider?
(4) What are your thoughts on Health Information Technology improving patient safety and staff efficiency? How can organizations ensure that staff utilizes the H.I. Technology appropriately to meet these goals?
**If you use any external resources, they must be cited in APA format within the text and on a reference list.
How to Figure Out the Logic of an Ethical Question
Whenever you reason through an ethical question, you can use the following questions, which highlights the elements of your reasoning. By doing so, you can better analyze and assess the parts of your thinking as you move through the question. You can use these to develop your responses the questions pertaining to your assigned ethical case article.
1. Considering my own rights and needs as well those of others in this situation, my purpose should be… (Here you are trying to determine the ethical goal you hope to reach. What do you want to accomplish?)
2. The key ethical question(s) I am trying to answer is/are… (Write out the issue you are facing in several ways until you have identified the precise ethical issue you need to reason through. Then formulate the key ethical question(s) embedded in the issue. Focus on the most important ethical questions. Make sure you take into account the point of view of relevant others in formulating the question.)
3. The most important information I will need to answer this ethical question is… (You should identify the information that will enable you to understand and take into account the needs and viewpoints of relevant others, as well as your own.)
4. The key ethical concepts and principles that should guide my thinking are…
(Identify the ethical concepts and principles most relevant for reasoning through the issue. Do any of these concepts or principles compete for significance? If so, which should take precedence? Make sure you are using ethical principles and not social rules, religious doctrines, or laws to guide your thinking. See examples of ethical concepts on page 19.)
5. The main assumptions I am using in reasoning through this ethical issue are…
(What are you taking for granted? Should you question your assumptions or are they justifiable in the context? How do your assumptions affect the way you see the ethical issue? Are there other reasonable assumptions you should begin with?)
6. The points of view I need to consider before coming to conclusions about this ethical issue are… (If the ethical issue you face is complex, you will need to consider more than one way of looking at the situation, and you will need to do so with an open-mind, not in a way that dismisses reasonable alternative views. What viewpoints would a reasonable person consider in reasoning through this issue?)
7. The main inferences/conclusions I am coming to in reasoning through this ethical issue are… (Is there more than one way to interpret the information? After considering all the information, what is the most reasonable answer to the ethical question? What alternative answers should you or have you considered?)
8. If I come to the conclusions stated in number seven above, some of the important implications for myself and others are… If I come to alternative conclusions, some of the important implications are… (What consequences are likely to follow if you act on the conclusions you have come to? What consequences are likely to follow if you act on alternative conclusions?)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more