Introduction to Science Unit 3 : Due 03.05.2021
Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Research scientific discoveries to determine the importance of references and to understand how advances in science and technology are impacting our lives
- Think about scientific discoveries that are of interest to you. Consider astronomy, medicine, climate change, environmental science, etc. Here you will have the chance to:
- Search online for current news articles on recent scientific discoveries
- Choose the topic/article that interests you most and read your selected article carefully.
- Want to learn more? Check out links listed below under Readings and Learning Materials.
Now that you have reviewed the resources and selected an article on a scientific discovery that is of interest to you, think about how scientific discoveries impact your life. Science is all around you!
Science in the News
- Respond to the following in your post:
- What was your article about? Be as specific as possible.
- What interested you about the topic?
- Did the author provide references and supporting facts in this article, or were you expected to just accept the findings without support? Provide examples from the article to support your stance.
- Does the inclusion of sources and references in a scientific article help you accept the findings or argument present? Why or why not?