Principles of Disease
Student Assignment 1
This assignment must be turned in on Blackboard and no hard copies will be accepted. Each student will choose a specific disease. In order for the assignment to be complete, the student will need to answer all of the activity questions listed below. Information for the assignment can be obtained for the following suggested websites:
WEBMD, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Health and Human Services, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), PubMed, the World Health Organization (WHO), and any other website publishing peer-reviewed literature. Your paper needs to have cited references if you include information obtained from any literature source. Some diseases you can use include:
Hypertension Influence (FLU) HIV/AIDS
Diabetes Malaria Ebola
Some information on each of the listed diseases can be found in the textbook. However, it should not be the only source of information.
1. Describe how this diseased is diagnosed?
2. What is the typical prognosis for the disease?
3. What are the know signs and symptoms of the disease?
4. What is the etiology of the disease?
5. Categorize this disease. Is it chronic, acute, communicable, infectious, heredity, congenital, metabolic, inflammatory, virulent, degenerative, neoplastic or environmental (all that apply)?
6. Apply, as applicable, the terms “pathogen”, “pathogenesis”, and “pathophysiology” for this disease.
7. Apply, as applicable, the terms “recovery”, “remission”, “endemic”, “epidemic”, and “pandemic”, to the disease.
8. Summarize risk factors and disease prevention strategies for this disease.
9. Provide disease “incidence”, “prevalence”, “mortality rate”, and “survival rate” for the disease.
Post Student responses to Blackboard under Assignment 1. Remember, Safe Assign will be on and does flag any violations of academic integrity. You may be asked to present your work during the class period. Thank you.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more