Always Fresh allows external users, such as vendors and business partners, to access the Always Fresh Windows environment. You have noticed a marked increase in malware activity in the test environment that seems to originate from external users. After researching the likely source of new malware, you conclude that allowing external users to connect to your environment using compromised computers exposes Always Fresh to malware vulnerabilities.
After consulting with your manager, you are asked to create a policy that will ensure all external computers that connect to Always Fresh environment are malware free. You create the following policy:
“To protect the Always Fresh computing environment from the introduction of malware of any type from external sources, all external computers and devices must demonstrate that they are malware free prior to establishing a connection to any Always Fresh resource.”
Consider the following questions:
1. What does “malware free” mean?
2. How can a user demonstrate that their computer or device is malware free? 3. What are the steps necessary to establish a malware-free computer or device?
4. How should Always Fresh verify that a client computer or device is compliant?
Create a malware protection procedure guide that includes steps for installing and running anti-malware software. Fill in the following details to develop your procedure guide:
1. Provide a list of approved anti-malware software solutions—include at least three leading antivirus and two anti-spyware products. You may include Microsoft products and third-party products. Instruct users to select one antivirus and one anti-spyware product and install them on their computer.
2. Describe the process of:
a. Ensuring anti-malware software and data is up to date. Mandate daily updates.
b. Running regular malware scans. Mandate that automatic scans occur whenever the computer is idle. If that setting is unavailable, mandate daily fast scans and biweekly complete scans.
3. Provide steps to follow any time malware is detected.
a. Immediate reaction—what to do with current work, leave the computer on or turn it off
b. Who to contact
c. What information to collect
The procedure guide may be used by company security professionals in the future. Hence, all steps listed should be clear and self-explanatory.
▪ Internet access
▪ Course textbook
▪ Format: Microsoft Word (or compatible)
▪ Font: Arial, size 12, double-space
▪ Citation Style: Follow your school’s preferred style guide
▪ Length: 2 pages
▪ I created a procedure guide that provides clear instructions that anyone with a basic technical knowledge base can follow.
▪ I created a well-developed and formatted procedure guide with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
▪ I followed the submission guidelines.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more