Imagine you are a senior US government policy adviser. The White House has asked your boss to brief them on your agency’s top policy priorities. You need to develop a comprehensive policy memo that will give your boss:
(1) the critical background information he/she needs on the issue at hand;
(2) analysis of the influence of Congress, the Judicial system, and other government agencies on the formulation and implementation of a specific policy;
(3) an evaluation of the influence that interest groups, political parties and the media have on the policy at hand;
(4) a set of options for your boss to consider regarding a path forward with all these political players (including pro’s and con’s for each option); and
(5) a recommended strategy that you want your boss to present to the White House to win support for your agency’s policy agenda.
To recap, your memo should:
– Clearly and concisely state the issue at hand
– Provide a summary of the current policy context / relevant background
– Analyze the influence of Congress, the Judicial system, and other agencies
– Evaluate the influence of interest groups, political parties, and the media
– Present a set of options for your boss to consider, include pro’s and con’s for each
– Make a recommendation of one of those options and provide further justification for why you are saying that option is the best.
Please feel free to use the memo template provided under the Resources section of this classroom.
– No cover page; put your name, student ID, and the subject line at the top with a date.
– Assignment is 5 pages, double spaced. Do not exceed 6 pages! (Most senior leaders don’t have time to read anything longer than a few pages.)
– Include citations / sources as end notes for your memo since this is an academic exercise (end notes will not count toward the 6 page limit). Follow Turabian guidelines for your citations.
– At minimum, your sources should include: one book besides the textbook, two articles from scholarly journals (i.e. Foreign Affairs, Harvard International Review), two news articles from major periodicals (i.e. Washington Post, The New York Times, The Economist), and two primary sources (United Nations Resolutions, Congressional records, speeches).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more