1.Research Question (1pt)
1) Develop a clear, specific, sociological research question that will investigate the relationship between two social phenomena/behaviors/facts.
2. Conceptual and Operational Definitions (5pts)
2) Clearly identify the variables in your research question
3) Identify which variable is your independent variable, and which variable is your dependent variable.
4) Provide a conceptual definition for each variable. (i.e. similar to dictionary definition)
5) Describe what ‘type’ of variable each variable is.
6) Provide an operational definition for each variable. (i.e. how the variable is going to be measured)
3. Hypothesis (1pt)
7) Develop a hypothesis for your research question – a statement of what direction you believe the relationship between your two variables will be.
4. Questionnaire Construction (3 pts)
8) Develop 5-10 closed-ended questions (*for groups: 10-15 questions)
a. Some of these should measure basic socio-demographic characteristics (i.e. age, race/ethnicity, gender, SES)
b. The rest should be indicators for your variables
c. These should be constructed based on the ‘type’ of variable you are measuring.
9) Develop 2-5 open-ended questions for to help measure your variables (* for groups: 3-7 questions)
a. This is going to help provide some rich qualitative information and serve as a check for the internal validity of your close-ended questions
5. Sampling Design (2 pts)
10) Describe your population, sampling frame, and method
11) Describe your sample
6. Administer the Questionnaire (1 pt)
12) Have 3-5 people complete your questionnaire. (*for groups: 10 people per person)
a. This may be done face-to-face where you ask the questions, the respondent answers, and you record the information
b. This may be done via a form that people fill out (i.e. it could have been sent to some friends/family via email or handed to them in the kitchen)
c. When asking people to complete the questionnaire, you need to inform them that it is voluntary, and their identity will be kept confidential
i. Do not put a place for name on the questionnaire
6. Compile the results of your questionnaire into a table (1 pt)
13) This provides you with a simple count
14) *For groups only: consolidate data and consult with professor by Week 6 about data analysis.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more