You will continue with the CVP analysis you completed in the SLP 3.
It is still January 2, 2013. You have just completed your revised SLP 3 strategy using CVP analysis, and you are eager to implement your decisions for 2013 through 2016.
Using the CVP analysis from SLP 3, run the simulation for a final time. Again, be sure to take notes about your analysis and document the reasoning behind your decisions.
Finalize your report showing the strategy you have used.
Using the strategy that you developed in SLP3, run the simulation. Document your results as you did previously. Review and analyze these results, and develop a final strategy.
Please turn in a 6- to 8-page paper, not including cover and reference pages.
Keys to the Assignment
The key aspects of this assignment that should be covered and taken into account in preparing your paper include:
The revised strategy consists of the Prices, R&D Allocation %, and any product discontinuations for the W1, W2, and W3 tablets for each of the four years: 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
You must present a rational justification for this strategy. In other words, you must provide support for your proposed strategy using financial analysis and relevant theories.
Use the CVP Calculator and review the PowerPoint that explains CVP and provides some examples.
You will need to crunch some numbers (CVP Analysis) to help you determine your prices and R&D allocations.
Make sure your proposed changes in strategy are firmly based in this analysis of financial and market data and sound business principles. Your goal is to practice using CVP and get better at it.
Present your analysis professionally, making strategic use of tables, charts, and graphs.
Time Line Summary:
– 2016: Hired on December 31, 2016.
– Turned in first report to CEO Smothers.
– You are returned – via Time Warp – to January 1, 2013.
– You make decisions for 2013 – 2016.
– December 31, 2016 – You have revised all four years, and you write up your summary report.
– Apparently, your SLP 2 decisions were not “good enough,” as you have again been returned to January 1, 2013.
– It is once again January 1, 2013: You decide to use CVP analysis to develop a revised four-year plan for your strategy. You analyze the results of your first decisions from SLP2, taking notes, and documenting your decision-making process. You use the CVP Calculator to help you develop your strategy. Your notes explaining the logic behind your decisions.
– It is still January 1, 2013. Using your CVP analysis from SLP3, you run the simulation, implementing your revised four-year plan. You keep track of your financial and marketing results year over year.
– You submit your final 6- to 8-page report, which includes your Final Total Score.
– You compare – and report – your results with previous results.
Tips and Suggestions
Note the following tips and suggestions:
You might find these downloads useful:
Decision Matrix Table – Download this Word doc with a blank table you can use to show your proposed strategy decisions.
PowerPoint discussing CVP – Provides a good overview of Cost Volume Profit analysis, the various equations that you can use, and how to use it. Some examples are provided showing how to use the CVP Calculator.
CVP Calculator – This an Excel-based calculator that you can use to determine prices, volumes, and profits. Keep in mind that it will tell you what need, but the market determines what you actually get.
Include a cover page and a reference page, in addition to the 6-8 pages of analysis described above.
Include appropriate section headings.
Use charts and graphics strategically, but do not use these as “space fillers.” Include lengthy tables, etc., in an Appendix instead.
Cite and reference all sources that you use in your work, including those that you paraphrase. This means include citations and quotation marks for direct quotes, and citations for that information which you have “borrowed” or paraphrased from other sources.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more