A. Describing Matter
1. A form of matter is another name for a(n) __state_________________ of matter.
a. The three most common states of matter on Earth are solids,
_liquids_________________, and gases.
b. Most of the matter in space is in a fourth state of matter called
_plasma__________________, which is high-energy matter consisting of positively and negatively charged particles.
2. ___________________________ can be described in many ways.
a. Some descriptions, such as color and odor, involve using
b. Other descriptions, such as mass or volume, are ______________________.
3. Particle _____________________ and particle ______________________
determine a substance’s state of matter.
a. No matter how close they are to each other, all particles have
b. Particles that are free to move will move in a(n) _______________________
line until they _______________________ with something.
4. There is a force of ______________________ between positively charged
____________________ and negatively charged ___________________.
a. When particles move __________________, they move closer together,
and the attractive forces between them are __________________.
b. When particles move ___________________, they move farther apart,
and the attractive forces between them are _____________________.
1. A solid has a definite _______________________ and a
2. The type of solid depends on how the ___________________________ in the
solid are arranged.
a. When the particles are arranged in a specific, repeating order, the solid is a(n)
b. If the particles are randomly arranged, the solid is a(n)
1. A liquid has a definite _________________________ but no
2. Unlike solids, liquids flow and can take the ________________________ of their container.
3. The particle motion in a liquid state of a substance is ____________________ than the particle motion in substance’s solid state.
4. The attractive forces between the particles in a liquid are _________________
than they are in a solid.
5. A measurement of a liquid’s resistance to flow is its ____________________.
6. The attraction between molecules that are alike, such as water molecules, is
7. Molecules at the surface of a liquid also have ___________________, which
involves the uneven forces acting on the particles on the surface of a liquid.
8. Usually, stronger ______________________ forces between particles is linked to a greater of a liquid.
1. A gas has no definite ___________________________ and no
2. The distances between gas particles are so _____________________ and the
attractive forces so _______________________ that gas particles spread out to fill their container.
3. The gas state of a substances that is usually a solid or a liquid at room temperature is called a(n) _____________________.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more